This was a very detail costume. This costume took three months to make, off and on. I used simplicity pattern 8881, this pattern was an easy pattern but I didn’t like how some of the directions on the bodice were telling me to do it.
I changed several things and didn’t put all the boning in the bodice. They didn’t have a piece for the back placket either, which I made my own.
For the hoop it was kind of not big enough for me so I added more length in each hoop pieces, so the cercumfernce was larger.
For the sleeves, I wanted it to be less tight Around my biceps and arm pits, so I cut the inner sleeve out and just used attached the puffy sleeve part to the arm opening.
For this costume I started a while back and only had the sleeves done. It’s been a while and I have gained weight so I needed to take them apart. I needed to give myself more room, plus I needed to making a sleeve lining due to all those pearls being sew on.
Now I hand sewn on each sequence one at a time with a very small bead in the middle.
Next iI moved onto the bodice. The bodice has three layers for the boning to be inserted then sewn in. It said to put a lot more I decided to only put three in the front and followed the rest on each bodice piece.
After that I needed to cut the top layer for the bodice and then baste stitched on. I then used material paint and outlined the pattern. Once this dried I sewn on once again sequence by hand.
I made my own bias tape so it will match my skirt.
Once I finished this it started to come together.