Moving on to the chemise it shouldn’t be too hard…right. At first I thought so but now…I look back and I don’t think so but during I thought the yoke was going to choke me at first.
After I sewn most of this together I need to do pin tucks again. One it does help with taking some of the yardage up. It also give it more of the period time frame that they did back then.
Once I did those I decided to add lace to the bottom. To make it more of a nice edge with the lace I sewn the seam once then put the lace up side down…I know what upside down…. but when you fold it over and sew it down, it give you such a nice crisp and tailored look. Then your lace will be showing the correct way once you iron it down.
I’m almost done just to add some more lace to the upper portion to the chemise and I will be ready to start the bustle.
Here is the finished look. It was quite plain on the front so I decided to sew two pieces of lace together and add it to the front.