This is my very first historical project, I’m sewing. Im going to use the correct material for that time period. I’m using 100% white cotton bleached muslin. First I cut all my pattern pieces out by blue moon patterns. They carry original patterns for that time period I need.
First I’m sewing the edging so the material won’t fray. I was lazy and didn’t get my serger out this time but for the bustle I will get that started so my stuff looks more professional.
After sewing in the pin tucks on the bottom portion of the pant legs; which I did the old fashion way. Boy that wasn’t too bad to do. I added some flat lace around the bottom edge to give it some prettiness to it.
Before you sew it on the waistband I sewed bias tape to the outer leg which make them for open drawers. I know open drawers you say…. Well I have learned a lot the past year about corsets.
Very hard to take on and off one be yourself and two when your in full costume. Now I understand why they had these back then. This is going to be an adventure for sure with this costume when I’m done.
These were very easy to make couple of hours and I finished them.